Our Morning Service starts at 10:30am, with coffee served afterwards.
We deliberately welcome everybody: young, old, energetic, weary, or however you are today! Whatever your background, and whatever you’re used to in church, we want you to feel comfortable with us. Please feel free to sit wherever you like. Many of our families like to sit towards the front, so the children can see what’s going on, but please just find somewhere comfortable.
HELPFUL THINGS TO KNOW
- Bathrooms. There is a bathroom at the back of church in the north porch (with baby-changing facilities), but this is quite primitive (and we are hoping to replace it soon). Alternatively, there are usually bathrooms available in the Church Hall, across the churchyard to the north of the building.
- Children. We are delighted to welcome children to St Peter’s, and would like to invite them to SPK (St Peter’s Kids) during the service. Usually, the children leave for SPK early in the service – and then return towards the end. If it’s their first time, we will ask you to complete a Registration Form on their behalf. By the way, we understand that kids make noise – and that’s fine…!
- Communion. For all those coming up to receive communion, you will be invited to come up from the pew by a warden. Please join the queue in the centre aisle to receive the bread, and then move either left or right (depending on which side of the church you were sitting) to receive the wine at the side. Please return to your seat via the side aisle. For those not wishing to receive communion, we are happy to offer a prayer of blessing (please hold a service card in front of you as you come up).
- Community Groups. These mid-week groups are where our church get to know one another (building a community) and seek to help others (serving the community). We encourage everyone in the church to join a Community Group, and please ask the person leading the service today if you would like to know more.
- Disabled access. Our current provision for those needing disabled access is via the south-east porch (the front-right of the church), where a ramp leads from the church floor to the pathway onto the High Street. Do please ask any of our Welcoming Team for assistance if required.
- Dress code. We don’t have one. Some people like to come dressed smartly, others prefer to ‘dress down’. We’re just glad you’re here.
- Leaders. The Vicar of St Peter’s is Rev Mark Wallace (who is married to Lizzie) who shares the leadership of the church with the two Churchwardens (Dr Matt Cox and Mr Trevor Froude) and the Parochial Church Council, most of whom are elected by church members at the Annual Meetings.
- Lunch. We do not usually serve lunch after the service, but you are very welcome to stay for a coffee in the church after the service. There are a number of places to eat on North Hill or down the High Street. Do ask for recommendations!
- Parking. If you have come by car today, then we guess you’ve already found somewhere to park! But if you would like suggestions for future weeks, then do please get in contact. In addition, for those with very young children or with significant disability issues, parking is available at the Vicarage just over the road (please ring 572641).
- Refreshments. These are served after the service, and are free of charge. Do please stick around for a while, as we would love the chance to get to know you better.
- Timings. We try to start on time at 10:30am, and usually finish around 11:40am. If it’s a Communion Service, we are usually slightly longer.